Community Drug Education Resources
Click above link to gain access to our 2016 offer, or click page above "School Requests". You'll be happy you did!
We help provide effective materials to assist educators fulfill their important role in overall drug education.
Have you noticed that no one, especially a teenager, likes to be lectured to about what he or she can or cannot do? We provide the facts that allow a person to make an informed decision on their own, to remain drug-free. The key to the success of this drug education program is student participation.
What some other teachers from across Canada say once they have received the 'free DVD offer:
- "Yes I have received it! Looks wonderful can't wait to show it to kids! Nina, teacher, high school, SK"
- "I'm very pleased with the content. I would like to request a class set of the "Truth About Drugs" booklets. Is this possible? I would need approximately 20 sets. Ryan, teacher, ON"
- 'Yes we received the DVD! What a great resource!' Sam high school teacher, BC
- 'YES- we received the DVD and have shown parts of it to our Gr 9 Health classes. They are really enjoying it so far.' Thanks, Shea high school AB,
- 'I did receive it, and we're finding it very useful. Thanks so much for your help!' Carson, middle school teacher BC.
The materials we provide include simple, true information about the physical and mental effects of drugs, as well as other social issues related to drug use. The program includes video and print material with plenty of real life stories from survivors of drug abuse.
- free information kits with dvd and booklet plus activity manual, hard copy or download. This kit is available to teachers, home schoolers, parents, students and anyone else interested in education on the subject of substance abuse.
- free educator kits with educator's guide and lesson plans, feature length movie dvd, PSA to raise interest and awareness, 24 sets of 13 different booklets for each of the most common drugs, 11 posters, class assignments, homework assignments, and many other support materials, available hardcopy or download. This kit is available to teachers, school administrators, mentors, school counselors, law enforcement officers and juvenile correctional officers—anyone in a position to educate youth groups and classes on the subject of substance abuse.
- free online classroom for teachers and students where teachers can direct, manage and administer student progress, and students can learn about drugs, view video shorts, view chapters of feature length film, complete assignments and take tests, review their progress and assigned grades, as well as record personal opinions and impressions. This online service is available web based, as well as for the iPad as an APP. New versions for iPhone and Android Smart Phones are under development and will be released soon.
- In addition to the free programs and materials, we can also offer additional drug education and drug prevention booklets and videos for teachers, students and parents, especially on Ecstasy and Marihuana, available at modest cost, and can arrange for professional Drug Prevention Specialists to deliver in-class presentations where requested. Write us for details if interested in these.
Please note that these free materials are available in English or French, as well as in many other languages, so please note in what language or languages you require materials in your materials request, along with whatever quantity you require in each language.
If you're interested in finding out more about Community Drug Education materials or how you can utilize these materials in your school or classroom, we offer The Truth About Drugs Information Kit.
Your FREE Information kit includes:
• The Truth About Drugs booklet, the centerpiece of the 13-booklet The Truth About Drugs series
• Creating A Drug-Free World DVD, with award-winning PSAs and a preview of The Truth About Drugs documentary;
• The Truth About Drugs Activities Manual.
|Your FREE Information kit includes: The Truth About Drugs booklet, the centerpiece of the 13-booklet The Truth About Drugs series plus..|
|Creating A Drug-Free World DVD, with award-winning PSAs and a preview of The Truth About Drugs documentary film; |
|The Truth About Drugs Activities Manual. |
One free kit per person—includes free shipping. To receive your free kit, please email us with your contact information and include 'free info kit' in the subject line.
Can't Wait for Mail Delivery? Download the free Community Drug Education Info Kit materials you need right now!
To receive your free downloads, please email us with your contact information and include 'free info kit downloads' in the subject line.
The Truth About Drugs Education Package is offered as an aid to educators who teach 11-year-olds and above in a classroom, group instruction or community learning setting.
|The Truth About Drugs Educators Kit contains practical tools to educate young people about substance abuse including: |
|The Truth About Drugs Educator’s Guide contains complete lesson plans and instructions for teaching the truth about the most commonly abused street and prescription drugs. These lesson plans encourage and entice you and your students to truly participate.|
|The Truth About Drugs documentary film is a hard-hitting, no-holds-barred educational film that covers each of the most commonly abused substances. Told in the straight talk that is the hallmark of this program, here are the compelling firsthand accounts of former users who themselves survived the hell of addiction.|
Included on the DVD are
award-winning public service announcements (PSAs), each challenging the most common myths about drugs.
|Twenty-four sets of the thirteen fact-filled booklets in The Truth About Drugs series—simple but powerful information about drugs. The first of the series is The Truth About Drugs, which describes how drugs work and their mental and physical effects. Each of the other twelve booklets in the series focuses on one of the most commonly abused drugs, exposing the myths by giving the truth about the short-term and long-term effects of the drug.|
|Eleven posters, one for each drug of choice, are provided for use in conjunction with the lessons. For display in the classroom or in school public areas, they reinforce lesson messages.|
One free Educators kit per teacher or class—includes free shipping. To receive your free kit, please email us with your contact information and include 'free Educator's kit' in the subject line.
Can't Wait for free Express Courier Delivery? Download the free Community Drug Education Educator's Kit materials you need right now!
To download your free educator's materials, please email us with your contact information and include 'free educator's kit' downloads in the subject line.We also offer extensive support materials downloads for educators who wish to implement lesson plans or other drug education initiatives or activities.
No one questions the severity of the drug problem and its devastating impact on youth. Academic results suffer and, even worse, drugs undermine health and destroy young lives.
The best solution is to reach young people with effective, fact-based drug education—before they start experimenting with drugs.
The Truth About Drugs education curriculum is the ideal supplemental aid for teachers, instructors and drug prevention specialists. This curriculum is now available online, providing lesson plans and resources ready for download and use anywhere and everywhere.
Both Teacher and student activities are available online:
- web based for classrooms or students with online computers available to them
- iPad based now available for teachers and students using ipads, with complete integration and seamless synchronicity with their web based online classes-review assignments, grade lessons, comment on submissions right from your ipad!
- iPhone connectivity coming soon
- Android smart phone app coming soon